• New rollercoaster/flat ride
    • Refurbished/new waterpark
    • New shows and precincts
    • Renovate the Resort
    • Expansion
    • Nothing, its fine the way it is!

@bladex, @AlexB is referring to the plants not Viking's Revenge

10 hours ago, webslave said:

You could easily take the view of "Well, everything there is pretty easily moved", but at the same time there's got to be a reason it was put there in the first place.  Why bother putting something so shitty and easily moved in-place if you were planning on doing the job properly?

I'd say it is temporary until Viking's Revenge's station is demolished, which probably won't happen until the summer holidays are over. Plants are thus visually better to have sitting there until the demolition occurs instead of having this sitting there for months & months & months...:boat2.jpg.3721cea837797999a7a948eb6add5423.jpg

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, djrappa said:

Why do people keep saying that? It's very easy and these rotated photo posts are getting really annoying. 

I think it's a software thing. After downloading the file and ensuring the correct rotation was done, I tried to upload it full size and got this result. 

software.JPG

As I was on the monorail at seaworld, I noticed out the front in a storage area, there was the carriages for the flume. 3 of them seemed like they had just been polished and cleaned and the rest were being worked on. Could they just be re-doing the log ride with same theming but different track? Or they could just be shipping the ride off somewhere else.

1 hour ago, ClassifiedLlama said:

As I was on the monorail at seaworld, I noticed out the front in a storage area, there was the carriages for the flume. 3 of them seemed like they had just been polished and cleaned and the rest were being worked on. Could they just be re-doing the log ride with same theming but different track? Or they could just be shipping the ride off somewhere else.

If true perhaps they are just making them look nice for potential collectors to buy them?

10 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Maybe it'll be a B&M coaster!

Just kidding, seems like there's more of a chance we'd get a Disney park in Australia than Sea World building a B&M coaster.

The reason it closed was (in my opinion, most likely) because of the fact that it was built in-house. If SW just wanted a retheme, I'd imagine they'd go to a manufacturer for the parts, just to be safe and keep insurance costs down.

9 hours ago, ClassifiedLlama said:

My bad, quoted the wrong person.

Just a thought, if the reason for closure was due to it being an in house built ride, and they have already got a sign saying they will be announcing a new ride soon, would they have had to have plans for a new ride in the area for quite some time? Does anyone know generally/estimated how long it would take between a park contacting a manufacturing, to getting approval to install a ride in the future, and then an announcement/work beginning. It's only been a month since the ride closed, so maybe they had already planned to close the ride, or were looking into replacing it at some point, and were already in talks of a new ride. But then I suppose they did have the ride scheduled for maintence for 6 months end of this year. Maybe the DW incident pushed the park to close the ride now, resulting in the plans for a new ride to be pushed forward, even though it won't be opening until 2019.

Historically, there have been many occasions when major new attractions have been knocked up well within one year. Some examples include Lethal Weapon, Wild West falls and everything at Dreamworld which has built and opened new rides in under 6 months.

It can be done as history has shown. Unfortunately in the case of VR I don't believe there is a current budget for it's replacement. I just hope that SW intend to add something on the old Corkscrew and adjacent reclaimed land in the meantime as waiting another 3 years is ridiculous 

22 minutes ago, rac2703 said:

I doubt they had any plans to close the ride, or have any solid plans for a new attraction in its place. The sign was most likely placed to ease some people's frustrations at its closure. 

That is a good point you make. I imagine the park is receiving plenty of comments about the lack of larger riders in the park, and suppose having that there is a way to, as you say, ease people's frustration. It's another 2-3 years (depending on when in 2019 it opens) before a new ride will open,  and doubt we would see work begin, in regards to demolition until early next year. They may decide to remove the station after the holidays, and try to make use of that space with something temporary, whether that is seating, shelter, garden or food stall. 

42 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Historically, there have been many occasions when major new attractions have been knocked up well within one year. Some examples include Lethal Weapon, Wild West falls and everything at Dreamworld which has built and opened new rides in under 6 months.

It can be done as history has shown. Unfortunately in the case of VR I don't believe there is a current budget for it's replacement. I just hope that SW intend to add something on the old Corkscrew and adjacent reclaimed land in the meantime as waiting another 3 years is ridiculous 

I highly doubt that. For a new ride to be built some manufacturers have 2-3 year waiting lists. The park needs to decide and budget a new attraction. Once it decided that they are getting a new attraction they need to shop around for what attraction they want to buy. Then they need to speak to the manufacturer who then needs to fit it into their schedule. From their the manufacturer needs to plan and build the ride at their warehouse and then ship it over. While this happens the park needs to get approval to build stuff which can take months and months alone. (The Maze has taken years to get approval for some of their waterslides) Then the park needs to do earth works and then construction on the ride can begin. MI3 from AW is close to finished being manufactured already and the ride will open in September. Mark told us MI3 was planned a few years ago and the contract was signed in September last year. (1 year out for just a flat ride) So I highly doubt your logic. Do you have any proof to follow your claim. Abyss was also in the planning stages from 2011 for an October 2013 delivery.