Richard

DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

4,226 posts in this topic

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 4:38 PM, Glubbo said:

58ef1b86c10ef__DSC13301500px.thumb.jpg.deba3e1c28db0c4c03f402466ddc44a8.jpg

58ef1ba17a4aa__DSC13311500px.thumb.jpg.681a6624a0d2356eac24f4586125d861.jpg

Has anyone ever thought that maybe the top of the lift hill / start of the first drop is actually over the fenced off area, and as you drop down it goes back inside? Because looking back at photos of the footer ouside the fenced area, it seems to be really weirdly positioned and far away to support the lift hill if its within the fenced area. Idk just a thought 🤔

@rummy thankyou. Whether any of what you have said is correct or not, it has to be one of the most well reasoned hypothesis, supported and well thought out in every structure and detail, along with illustrations, that i've seen on here in quite some time. 

Thanks for taking the time to connect the dots (and for referencing all of the photographers you borrowed from!) ;)

Posted (edited)

Also just a heads up, for those sharing images from the TPSN Facebook page, the images are not even theirs when they don't give credit. I have called them out multiple times in the past, but I just gave up on it as they didn't bother to respond. Take anything they say as a grain of salt as it is usually pretty wrong, as they do almost zero research on what they post about. 

For comparison this is the lift hill on Flash. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Whereas the supports at MW look more like this section of track. 

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by CruiseSF

Yeah we really didn't need you to post to explain why that's not the lift. I think anyone with slightly more than half a brain can see that. 

Plot twist; there are 2 lift hills, 5 launch sections and 57 loops!

@rummyA very methodical interpretation there. I agree with @AlexB, wrong or right you've been very detailed in your reasoning.

I guess a request for those heading that way over the next few weeks - keep getting all those track & support numbers! I don't see myself down there (not with the family) until mid May now.

I know this video isn't real or accurate, but at around 7 seconds, you can see how I am imaging this part of the coaster will go, based off the tall footings we've seen.

On 12/04/2017 at 2:48 PM, AlexB said:
  • it will be 62 metres high
  • it will reach 120kph on the first drop
  • it will have 'two' loops.

This would not surprise me @AlexB because MW coaster is 100m longer > Lightning which has a top speed of 115km/h.  I don't know if being an extra metre in height gives you an extra 5km/h but it wouldn't be far off.

16 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

This would not surprise me @AlexB because MW coaster is 100m longer > Lightning which has a top speed of 115km/h.  I don't know if being an extra metre in height gives you an extra 5km/h but it wouldn't be far off.

Expedition Geforce is 174 feet tall and has a max speed of 120kmh. Give the wheels a bit of WD40 and it would go 135 down the first drop.

10 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

Expedition Geforce is 174 feet tall and has a max speed of 120kmh. Give the wheels a bit of WD40 and it would go 135 down the first drop.

Max speed highly depends on drop angle and drop size. Because max height is 62m doesn't mean it will drop that 62.

Yep, you're absolutely right - but likewise - few coasters (esp. those being compared) drop their full height either, so it's still apples and apples.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

Do you guys think construction will resume tommorow? 

Who knows! Hope so! 

Edit: Like Gazza said, tomorrow is a public holiday

Edited by wileecoyote

@Glubbo Doubt it will be the exact turnaround I linked, as @Skeeta said, it's not one Mack have ever done in the past.

It'll most likely be the same as this one on Flash:

58f35da9f0b02_flashturnaround.thumb.jpg.20bb62f99439f3d941b5bab2fe539f27.jpg

I put the Fury 325 turnaround on my prediction as I'd prefer it due to the extended sideways airtime. In the Mack one, the 180 degree turn completes at the very height of the turnaround, whereas on the B&M it completes lower down, with an extra bit of a sideways rise to reach the top and go over. The transition from positive to negative Gs on the B&M turnaround would be insane, the Mack turnaround will be kinda similar but the airtime won't last as long basically.

I think many on here have been looking very closely at Flash for a long while now, and the rest of us (myself certainly included) should as well.

13 hours ago, Ryande16 said:

Do you guys think construction will resume tommorow? 

It's a public holiday and the construction industry is usually pretty compliant with union regulations. Doubtful. 

Posted (edited)

Apologizes ladies and gents, these are not my best work by a long way...need to get to the park early next Sunday to be better positioned to get new shots of the station area, however until then, these are the better shots (fence still in shot though) of the supports in the station area as promised...the joys of a 500mm lens.

IMG_1077.thumb.JPG.e4dad8ba70d1f71ddfc8b16f6a3786fb.JPGIMG_1077.thumb.JPG.e4dad8ba70d1f71ddfc8b16f6a3786fb.JPG

IMG_1086.JPG

Also it looks as the next support near the entry sign could be a 4 piece unit from base to tower, being taller than the current one, but it is only a guess, i would assume this might go up in the next 4 days.

IMG_1127.thumb.JPG.9a4fdb5d99c9f96f71464910164e3926.JPGIMG_1128.thumb.JPG.9ef86a3d6d486f86379376127bd7d6c3.JPG

The top plate on this one is slightly offset from square although it might not show in the photo.

IMG_1148.thumb.JPG.00b93ce8ddc2511fceaa3c7cd53ba429.JPGIMG_1146.thumb.JPG.5f1a93c48a820dd0a78a4f5b118d3d60.JPG

Edited by thunder001

Posted (edited)

Thank god that long weekend is over.  Now we can get back to some serious coaster building.  I had an early start today and couldn’t do a drive-by so unless somebody else gives us an update I will be driving past around 6 tonight.

Edited by Skeeta

Not much to report really..

couple more supports up, and some digging going on around the footings on the south east concern of the site 

IMG_4509.JPG

IMG_4510.JPG

IMG_4511.JPG