The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

14 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Holy wordart batman.

That opening audio was enough for me to mute.

1/10 would not subscribe.

Just looking at the video thumbnail is enough for me not to have bothered with the video. It screams TPR level style clickbait.

Back on topic from the videos I have watched Vortex does look fun in it's own not Wipeout way.

3 hours ago, HussRainbow87 said:

Rubbish cycle. They can do a lot better than that! At least give us a Pandamonium type situation. 

I was hoping we'd hear from you about this. I figured they could surely do a more exciting cycle and just hoped they are still building up to what's possible. At least this confirms it has the potential to be decent. 

2 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

I was hoping we'd hear from you about this. I figured they could surely do a more exciting cycle and just hoped they are still building up to what's possible. At least this confirms it has the potential to be decent. 

I know the older travelling models can be operated manually, be interesting to know if these newer park models can also. Not that it would happen, but yeah, someone experienced that can drive the ride properly can make it seriously move. 

see videos of Zehle’s Top Spin Fresh, that thing was intense!

It didn’t look like it reached anywhere near its max speeds or G-Forces in that video. Maybe they are testing it out through some cycles to make sure it runs fine before trying the more intense final cycle. I hope that’s the case, because most of that cycle looked underwhelming. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2020 at 4:16 PM, colonelbmx said:

After a few days of empty tests it’s back to 1/3 weight tests on vortex, also heard date to open will be Boxing Day but trying to have it open the week leading up to Christmas, so don’t expect to be riding it early December 

Sigh. Here we go.

"Opening within the coming weeks"

Something something generic movie trailer music. 

It’s kinda weird content. It’s not sure if it wants to be a tvc or social content, and kinda does neither well as a result. If they were to take social media seriously, they wouldn’t be using YouTube to inconsistently drop content that doesn’t serve that audience. 

I’d spend less time on vanity junk like over-polished shots and more time just doing stuff that the audience really wants like POV’s. Perfect doesn’t matter anymore, consistency and authenticity wins out.

Gate-keeping knowledge for the sake of mystery and hype-building is a dead tradition, so it’s really, really great to see we’re taking massive leaps and strides from the Rivals launch campaign and openly updating folks on what’s coming next.

Edited by Slick
  • Like 5

• Gazza locked this topic