Leviathan Construction Updates

themagician

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2021 at 12:38 PM, themagician said:

Looks like we can see some of the queue in there

0A0E28DC-D4F0-4FAD-8430-A902AEFC69A9.thumb.jpeg.b8cf80d7c36ceb1bb0d9e62c557b8812.jpeg

Was looking at the model photos again and looks like you won’t necessarily queue through this part (unless the ride has a very long wait time. But most of the queue will be in the building itself and this area is more the entry to the ride. The opening that we’ve seen is definitely the attraction entry. There is also the two paths that wrap around Trident, one that goes under the coaster track near the lake. Based off the nearmap image, it appears that will still be the case.

36576494-FC1F-4FFD-8155-6848944D6F9C.jpeg

C6D6F6A2-FD5F-4A72-8659-11F7D2B6ADAF.jpeg

ED286A22-A1F2-4808-8B4A-0AF6C1BEE000.jpeg

• Like 1

construction really seems to have slowed, still people on site each day but mainly laying the track which looks to be mostly completed now, station work hasn't started yet, (11/07) only really few people working each day now compared with couple months ago, Interesting tho that the pad for triton seems to have been cleared out and ready to possibly start some work on that soon. 

9 hours ago, colonelbmx said:

Interesting tho that the pad for triton seems to have been cleared out and ready to possibly start some work on that soon. 

I think you mean 'Trident'... ;)

Unlike a steel coaster like Taipan where the control systems come with pre-fabricated bolt-on parts that simply slip into place and plug in, woodies, even though the massive structure appears complete, can still take a lot of work to place a lot of ride control components as they don't have a prefabbed hole to just slot into. 

And @jack.c even if that wasn't the case, its still got a lot to go until its predicted opening day around 5 months from now. (So if you're impatient now, you've got a looong road ahead!)

Edited by DaptoFunlandGuy
  • Like 2

On 12/07/2021 at 10:16 PM, jack.c said:

What’s going on with construction? When will testing commence? Has the station building been completed? Theming commenced? Why is this so slow ??

Sorry for the unnecessary bump. 

I understand credits are ever so important but.

Rome wasn't built in a day. 

On 12/07/2021 at 10:16 PM, jack.c said:

What’s going on with construction? When will testing commence? Has the station building been completed? Theming commenced? Why is this so slow ??

It feels like they're were powering through up until DW announced Steel Taipan's opening date goal, and just went "oh well, no need to rush, we've got til December to get this all finished now"

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/07/2021 at 8:52 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I think you mean 'Trident'... ;)

Unlike a steel coaster like Taipan where the control systems come with pre-fabricated bolt-on parts that simply slip into place and plug in, woodies, even though the massive structure appears complete, can still take a lot of work to place a lot of ride control components as they don't have a prefabbed hole to just slot into. 

And @jack.c even if that wasn't the case, its still got a lot to go until its predicted opening day around 5 months from now. (So if you're impatient now, you've got a looong road ahead!)

good old auto correct, 

still lots of track work going on but really minimum crew on each day just the one crane running and a hand full of guys, look like all the running track is in place now tho,

Realistically the station could go up in a week there's not really much in the structure it's self, I'm assuming we won't see the trains on until there's somewhere to store them out of the weather. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just drove past the park, all the scaffolding has been removed from around the coaster. And the flag poles at the top of lift hill are also gone 

On 13/09/2020 at 6:38 PM, Smol bean said:

It’s good to see construction is progressing quickly 

Just reading through this forum again and this made me laugh. A year later and still under construction 

Edited by themagician
  • Like 1

On 15/08/2021 at 4:18 PM, themagician said:

Just drove past the park, all the scaffolding has been removed from around the coaster. And the flag poles at the top of lift hill are also gone.

@zacsta_1997 I did an update a week ago. And there was nothing worth taking photos of. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From my recent visits, it doesn’t appear that they’ve started on the station/queue yet.

@Naazon might be able to confirm

But things aren’t looking confident for a Summer opening. But they might not be in a rush anymore because of the border/lockdown uncertainty at the moment. They might decide to push for an Easter 2022 opening instead 

There won’t be any interstate visitors in Qld again in 2021 (except for maybe NT/WA) so I don’t think they are gonna get the bang for the buck they were counting on with a Xmas launch. Whether they accept that, take the hit, and still open Leviathan, who knows. I doubt Trident is a priority in the current circumstances. I’d say it’s also pushed back the AA replacement plans too 

On 01/05/2021 at 10:58 PM, colonelbmx said:

Was In today for another look. 
that first turn after the drop is going to be intense can not wait, the layout looks fantastic 

7991DD0A-7D94-48C7-AD81-1725F9DBD72F.jpeg

909A7208-1A14-4982-AFD0-5B63C6D358BB.jpeg

It seems like there hasn’t been any major works been done since May. Construction of the station and maintenance building will probably take 4-6 weeks. Then we will have testing for 4-6 weeks. Plus landscaping, pathways, theming and signage. There probably another 3 months worth of work to go at the minimum. So if we don’t see work start up again next month, I don’t think we will see a December opening