Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

33 minutes ago, Slick said:

Speaking of, what's happening there? Is that being amalgamated into Rivertown proper or is that just being left as is?

Nothing was mentioned about the Motocoaster.

I’m hoping they do refurbish the ride and give it a new theme to match Rivertown. And then they can utilise that store for the land. Would be nice to have the land begin as you cross the train line. 

5 hours ago, Vidgamer said:

Gosh if it went into the island that would be phenomenal, you would have to imagine that Dreamworld is planning on adding some form of 3rd attraction to that themed land at some point as well, just because 2 rides in a themed land isn't lots.

That would solve @Vidgamerissue as well!

• Like 1

I’ve been thinking about the new coaster a lot in the past day or two, and I was wondering whether there is a possibility that jungle rush could be be a Vekoma mine train model, as it would suit the theme and in a lot of the concept art, the track looks similar to vekoma’s updated mine train track. Just thought I would put that out there.

Vekoma mine train track:AC16C93B-436F-476E-813B-B1C075413507.thumb.jpeg.94ac05092ac2ff3fcc08c213e10d4ed4.jpeg 

Jungle rush track in top left corner:

4173F014-243B-43A8-B56B-F71A58C9D5B3.thumb.jpeg.66e7c8aef75f6da8cf98d2b4dd6f99e8.jpeg

22 hours ago, New display name said:

Sky Voyager

Vortex until next week

Lethal Weapon

Wizard of Oz

Yada yada

18 hours ago, themagician said:

I’m hoping they do refurbish the ride and give it a new theme to match Rivertown. And then they can utilise that store for the land. Would be nice to have the land begin as you cross the train line. 

They literally just bought a new train and those are far from cheap. I wouldn't expect many changes with that in mind, though it would be nice to retheme the ride to vintage dirt bikes travelling through a bush trail.

Edited by Baconjack

With the large scope of works and construction timeframes we’ve seen for recent rides, you’d imagine ABC kids world will need to close for ride relocation/clearing within 6 months to hit a Dec 2024 opening. 

possibly Easter holidays 

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Natti_amusements said:

I’ve been thinking about the new coaster a lot in the past day or two, and I was wondering whether there is a possibility that jungle rush could be be a Vekoma mine train model

Based the small amount of POV footage It seems to resemble the upcoming Big Bear Mountain coaster at Dollywood more than a Mine Train. Even the theming on the trains is similar!

Edited by Ogre
  • Like 3

On 25/11/2022 at 6:34 PM, themagician said:

Horse style ride vehicles theme to some generic Australiana theme e.g. Ned Kelly's Horse chase.  Would be alright 

5 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Or just throw the whole ride in the bin?

For what purpose? As much as the ride is pretty meh, it has consistently been pretty popular ride over the years. 

If they rethemed the ride to fit Rivertown, and put some lifted faux rock work in around the track, it could be as good as Jet Rescue.

• Like 1

End of the day the ‘themed’ part is just some plastic bodies for the train. 
It wouldn’t be completely unfeasible to change them out. Paint the track, bit of simple theming (think vintage motobike race) in the station and it fits.

Could be on the cards? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rappa said:

End of the day the ‘themed’ part is just some plastic bodies for the train. 
It wouldn’t be completely unfeasible to change them out. Paint the track, bit of simple theming (think vintage motobike race) in the station and it fits.

Could be on the cards? 

Honestly, bikes in the style of Hagrid's wouldn't be a bad changeover TBH. Give it a paint refresh, get rid of the store as it just blocks off so much area and it would really open up the space.

• Like 3

The thing with Big Bear Mountain (sure it's only a rendered video), is that as a "car" themed ride it's in the air a lot. If Jungle Rush hugged the terrain more (the few seconds in the video on Page 2 of this thread make it feel elevated when not in the tunnel), it would be much closer to the theme. Airtime elements would be where the car has gone over a crest in the road, or over a ridge. 

Any air moments could be 'jumps', especially if jumping over the Murrisippi. 

Looks fun regardless!

Edited by Whombex

9 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Well that's totally on brand - look at MDMC!

LOL. If I was given a few hundred thousand to change Moto I'd add a fake racing circuit juuust underneath the rails along the whole length. Some racing circuits have bridges over other parts of the track such as Suzuka, so this is doable.

But back to topic, "raising" the ground closer to the track could be done (if the ride/supports/footing locations have already been designed for example). To me, a coaster themed to a jeep driving along a jungle dirt track would benefit from something that looks like a dirt track underneath it. This isn't a criticism, just a perfect world dream.

Edited by Whombex

Personally I think motocoaster is completely out of scope for the project. When you look at those renders the entry sign perspective lines up with ABC world with Billabong in the background (just after the motocoaster entrance)

My theory: Dreamworld are keeping this open purely because they can't afford to close it at the moment. After which it'll be transformed in Phase two with the area between new Rivertown and Giant Drop. Whether the transformation is a retheme of the ride or if they sell and remove/replace will live to be seen. It's 15 years old now, they just bought a new train but who knows, that might have been a necessity to keep it operating.

As an aside, wasn't it voted the worlds worst rollercoaster? I find the restraints uncomfortable (average 6 foot build), loading slow and arduous, and the ride experience doesn't really make up for any of that aside from the initial launch and first couple of corners.

2 hours ago, franky said:

wasn't it voted the worlds worst rollercoaster?

I don’t believe it was voted the worst rollercoaster as that wasn’t the question being polled. It just received the least amount of votes in the “best rollercoaster” poll. 

whether you want to interpret that as it therefore being the worst is up to you. 

The year MDMC opened, it came second last in the Mitch Hawker poll, long missed and often regarded as the most accurate list of the best coasters; if that's even a thing you can definitively do. That poll was much more than 'Fav roller coaster', as you had to list all the rides you'd been on ranked in order of best to worst, and all the rankings were then compared to each other. So it wasn't just 'the least people said it was their fav', lots of people had to rank it lower than pretty much all other rides to get that rank.

HOWEVER, in MDMC's limited defence, clones were grouped and people were asked to vote on their FAVOURITE version of clones, so the poor versions of cloned rides like SLCs or Boomerangs were more or less excluded, which may well have affected its ranking.

^I would characterise MDMC as mediocre rather than straight out bad. But maybe boredom is even worse than the pounding you get from Vekoma, or a Volare or Gouderix (glad I had a fast pass, was a 3 hour line on a scorching day).

I keep seeing Jungle coaster and think Jungle Love by Morris Day and the Time, an 80's funk led revival for Dreamworld lol.

4 hours ago, downunder said:

^I would characterise MDMC as mediocre rather than straight out bad. But maybe boredom is even worse than the pounding you get from Vekoma, or a Volare or Gouderix (glad I had a fast pass, was a 3 hour line on a scorching day).

I keep seeing Jungle coaster and think Jungle Love by Morris Day and the Time, an 80's funk led revival for Dreamworld lol.

Hard disagree. It is solidly the worst coaster on the gold coast, though was beaten by arkham when it was open. Though to be fair at least arkham offered forces, even if the ride felt like it was ripping itself apart at the end. Motocoaster offers nothing, is high off the ground so feels slow compared to JR, the restraints are uncomfortable, and the ride barely has enough speed to clear the 2nd lap.

Edited by Baconjack

8 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

Hard disagree. It is solidly the worst coaster on the gold coast, though was beaten by arkham when it was open. Though to be fair at least arkham offered forces, even if the ride felt like it was ripping itself apart at the end. Motocoaster offers nothing, is high off the ground so feels slow compared to JR, the restraints are uncomfortable, and the ride barely has enough speed to clear the 2nd lap.

I honestly would take MDMC over EFMG and GC, the loop on GC alone feels like my necks going to snap in half then you hit the pothole on the loops exit and your whole body is in need of a chiropractor. MDMC can be fun with friends, especially in the side car which enhances the ride so much.

• Like 1